Hello Everyone Keyblade here, I saw Stalkerjr's post on the plant engine and I think it needed a lot of work so sorry to delete it but I'll take it from here.
The Plant Engine is comprised of the following monsters:
dandy lion / glow up bulb / spore / lone-fire bollsom / depris dragon
Other cards needed for the engine to help it:
1. Call of the Haunted / Limit Reverse
2. One for one
3. Debris Dragon
4. Foolish Burial
5. Reborn Tengu
The plant engine is more famous in yugioh for it's massive synchro summoning.
Common mosters brought out by this deck are
1. Formula Synchron
2. Black rose Dragon
3. T.G. Hyper Librarian.
4. Orient Dragon.
5. Ancient Fairy Dragon
6. Stardust Dragon.
7. Shooting Star Dragon
8. Shooting Quasar Dragon
To break down Stalker's way of bringing shooting star dragon out here is what you do.
Now the reason why the plant engine is top tier at this point is because of its versitility, you can unseemingly pull out most of the answers you need to solve problems on the field.
Some more examples:
1. Debris Dragon on the field and dandyion in grave = Instant Blackrose
2. Debris on the field + 2 dandylion tokens and dandylion in grave = Instant Trishula
3. One for one + Dandylion in hand = Instant Formula Synchron then Hyper Librarian + Blackrose threat for opponent's turn.
4. Reborn Tengu on the field + One for one in hand + Dandyion in hand = Hyper Librarian + Reborn Tengu + Formula Syncron + 2 more cards in hand.
Foolish Burial quickly gets some of the plants you need int he grave (spore, dandyion [for tokens], and glow up bulb).
Understanding these different combo's takes time and practise.
Plant Engine's Pros/Cons:
Massive Amount of Syncro Summons
In the right hands can get around stoppers (effect veiler, etc)
Isn't Affected by anti-meta cards like Skill drain and Effect Veiler (Syncros are, the engine isn't)
Weak to Macro(banishing) related cards.
A lot of Special summoning so cards like Archlord Krystia/Vanity's Fiend would cripple it.
Generally weak monsters in the engine so very weak to King Tiger Wanghu
Maxx "C" is a very bad scare tactic, be very afraid of it and unless you are going all out, do not continue to let your opponent plus.
Most common sides against plant decks: